Fechner Day 2016 – the 32nd Annual Meeting of the International Society for Psychophysics
First announcement and call for papers
Dear friends and colleagues,
Happy New Year and invitation to visit Moscow in 2016!
We are pleased to send you the 1st announcement on Fechner Day 2016.
The 32nd meeting of the International Society for Psychophysics (ISP) will be held in Moscow, Russia, 15th – 20th of August, 2016.
You are invited to join us in Moscow, capital of Russia, founded in 1147 and full of famous historical and remarkable places, for Fechner Day 2016.
Please bookmark the conference’s website at http:/www.fechnerday.org and visit frequently for updates.
The conference will be held at the Moscow Lomonosov State University, Psychology Department in the old campus in the heart of the city, within easy (7-10 minutes) walking distance of the Red Square and Kremlin. Numerous hotels are available in the area, fitting all wishes and budgets, from luxury to economy (see http:/www.fechnerday.org).
Getting to Moscow
- International airport Domodedovo + “Aeroexpress” (ca. 45 min. to a metro station in central Moscow)
- International airport Sheremetyevo + “Aeroexpress” (ca. 35 min. to a metro station in central Moscow)
- International airport Vnukovo + “Aeroexpress” (ca. 35 min. to a metro station in central Moscow)
- Railway stations: Belorussky, Kievsky, Leningradsky, Yaroslavsky (ca. 10-15 min. from the Psychology Department)
Tourist visa is required in most countries. It is rather easily to receive tourist visa in Russian embassies. Typically visa costs 5 euro in case of usual procedure (10 working days) and 70 euro in case of urgent procedure (3 working days). The prices vary a little bit in different countries. An official invitation is needed for visa as a rule. If so, please, send us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st of February and we shall send you the invitation from Moscow State University, emphasizing a scientific goal of your trip:participation in the 32nd Annual Meeting of the International Society for Psychophysics. You will receive visa quickly pointing this goal in your documents. If a hard copy of the invitation is needed (besides that sent by e-mail and containing a signature of an official person and stump) then send us your post address, please. If needed, we shall provide assistance to receive visa.
We would be glad to help you in everything about Moscow and the Meeting, of course.
Registration and Society Membership fees
Registration will be opened mid February and be available at
- 215 Euro (236.5 $ USD) – full rates – before May 1, 2016
- and 285 Euro (313.5 $ USD) – full rates – thereafter,
- and 105 Euro (115.5 $ USD) – students rates
Please note that delegates must be members of the ISP, with membership dues paid for the current year (100 $ USD for full members, 40 $ USD for students).
Visit http://www.ispsychophysics.org to pay your membership dues for 2016.
Call for papers
Authors are invited to submit papers and propose theme sessions on topics including, but not limited to:
- Non-Traditional Approaches in Psychophysics
- Sensory Measurements
- Decision Making and Confidence in Sensory Tasks
- Psychophysical Approaches to
- Cognitive Factors in Psychophysics (e.g. Working Memory, Attention)
- Animal Psychophysics
- Practical applications
Submit theme session proposals and abstracts to email@example.com
Theme session proposals
Name and affiliation of the convener/organizer of the Theme Session
Title of the Theme Session
Abstract (up to 250 words) explaining the aim of the Theme Session
Content of a session
Names and affiliations of the speakers in the Theme Session
(Preliminary titles of their talks, if already known)
Specify subject: “Theme session proposal”
Deadline: March 14, 2016
Free talks and posters
Author(s)’ name(s) and affiliation(s)
Title of the presented work
Abstract (up to 150 words)
Preferred presentation form: talk or poster
Specify subject: “Abstract submission”
Deadline: April 5, 2016
For details concerning preparation of the proceedings papers and the submission procedure
Summary of important dates
Requests for invitations for visa until: February 1, 2016
Proposals for Theme Sessions until: March 14, 2016
Abstract/title submission until: April 5, 2016
Early registration ends: May 1, 2016
Proceedings papers submission until: May 10, 2016
Registration closes: June 1, 2016
We will begin with a welcome reception on Sunday evening, August 14th (5 to 7 pm) and continue with the conference from Monday morning, August 15th.
The Gala Dinner (60 euro, not included in the registration fee) will take place on Wednesday evening, August 17th.
Satellite Meeting: Psychophysics and Neuroscience.
Evgeny N. Sokolov, psychophysiologist of the 20th century – will be held on August 19.
Sightseeing programme: Guided Tours
August 15-19 (evenings)
- Moscow historical places and landmarks
- Moscow Kremlin (http://www.kreml.ru/en-Us/museums-moscow-kremlin/);
- & Moscow metro: 80 years of the world’s most beautiful underground (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Metro)
- New campus of Moscow Lomonosov State University on Vorobyovy Gory & Panoramic view of Moscow city from the 33rd floor of the University building
- (Sparrow Hills) (href=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_State_University https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_State_University)
August 20 (full day):
- Russian icons and architecture of the 15th-16th centuries:& Kolomenskoye, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Andrei Rublev Museum of Ancient Russian Art (http://www.moscow.info/museums/andrei-rublev-museum-of-ancient-russian-art.aspx);
We look forward to seeing you in Moscow!
On behalf of the Program / Organizing Committee
Prof. Irina Skotnikova,
Institute of Psychology Russian Academy of Sciences.
Moscow, Yaroslavskaya, 13